This course will provide you with an advanced, broad based education for a career in business, and will develop your general intellectual competence. Graduates will be equipped for a career in industry, commerce or the public sector, and you can expect to progress quickly to higher levels of responsibility.
For those who aspire to be Software Designers, Software Developers, Systems Analysts, Business Analysts and Systems Administrators.
SLIIT ACADEMY (Private) Ltd, a subsidiary of SLIIT was established to give education opportunities for wider range of students who want to progress into their higher education with an industrial oriented learning experience. SLIIT ACADEMY offers BSc in Information Technology degree program in association with SLIIT which paves the way for students to keep their knowledge up-to-date in this fast-moving field of Information Technology. A blend of theory & practice gives the edge for those who want to enter into the workforce with sound academic background and gives a competitive advantage among the others.
- This degree programme is designed in such a manner that a candidate has several exit options such as National Diploma in IT and BSc in Information Technology in 2nd year and 3rd year.
- Throughout the course, but especially in final year, you have the freedom to construct your own programme from a wide range of modules and graduate in BSc in Information Technology.
- This keeps your career options flexible, providing the broad base that most employers are looking for.
- Prepare yourself for a career in the IT world through a mix of academic, professional and practical work, with opportunities such as industry collaborated professional mentoring support and internships.
Students who successfully complete the Higher National Diploma in Information Technology could proceed to the one-year top-up degree program in Information Technology. Then follow the programs such as Master’s degree in specific areas of IT e.g. Software Engineering , Cyber Security etc…
Pass in at least one subject (in any stream) at the G.C.E (Advanced Level) examination (Sri lanka / London) obtained at one and the same sitting and a pass in the aptitude test conducted by SLIIT Academy.
Successful completion of the Foundation Certificate Program at SLIIT Academy.
Applications are invited for the Aptitude Test from candidates who possess at least the minimum requirements for admission to Higher National Diploma in IT. This test consists of analytical, logical and mathematical aptitude. Aptitude Test will be held in Sinhala, English & Tamil Language.
- Download Aptitude application from here. Interested candidates should send in the application form for Higher National Diploma Program in Information Technology directly to SLIIT ACADEMY.
- Applicants are required to pay a fee of Rs. 1000/- for the Aptitude Test and for processing.
- This fee should be paid in favour of “SLIIT Computing (Pvt) Ltd” current account no: 1630619 at Bank of Ceylon Kollupitiya branch OR account no: 013410001688 at Sampath Bank in Kollupitiya Branch.
- The duly filled application and the bank paying-in-slip for SLIIT ACADEMY should be sent to:
Student Affairs and Enrolment Division
SLIIT ACADEMY (Pvt) Ltd,
Level 13, BOC Merchant Tower,
No.28, St. Michael’s Road,
Hotline: 0772 66 55 55
Tel: 0117 54 3600
- Foundation of Mathematical Skills
- Communication Skills in English
1st Year – 1st Semester
- Fundamentals of Information Technology
- Computer Programming Techniques and Practices
- Introduction to Programming (C / C++)
- Business English & Communication Skills
- Mathematics for Information Technology
1st Year - 2nd Semester
- Data Communications & Computer Networks
- Systems Analysis & Design
- Object Oriented Programming (JAVA)
- Database Management Systems
- Technical Communication
2nd Year - 1st Semester
- Web Development
- Computer Graphics & Multimedia
- Computer Hardware & Operating Systems
- Object Oriented Analysis & Design
- Economics & Management
2nd Year - 2nd Semester
- TCP / IP Networking Concepts
- Object Relational Database Management Systems
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Design & Analysis of Algorithms
- Information Technology Project
Apply now and reserve your seat. Limited seats are available for this program.APPLY NOW